NHP / Dietary Supplement Import/Export Logistics Services for shipping product directly to your Canadian wholesaler or retailer (or even to the end Consumer – DTC)
aka: ICS Inc. as your Importer of Record (IOR)
Are you a non-Canadian company that wants to ship your products direct to your Canadian wholesaler or retailer, or even to the end consumer (DTC), thereby bypassing the need for exporting your products to a contract fulfillment / logistics / distribution warehouse? We have an innovative solution for you!
We can act as your Canadian agent, with a Canadian mailing address, as well as a physical address for retention of key GMP (cGMP) quality assurance and audit records. i.e.: we would obtain a Site Licence (aka Site License) for Importation of your NHPs / dietary supplements into Canada on your behalf. We have performed this service for many companies of various sizes throughout the USA, and one Australian firm.
As your Canadian Quality Assurance Person (QAP), our NHP Import Logistics services would include (but not necessarily limited to):
- ensuring your non-Canadian manufacturer / fabricator meets the NNHPD version of GMP;
- implementing a Quality Technical Agreement (QTA) to GMP standards for division of responsibilities between all parties; (manufacturer, distributor, importer)
- assessing shipping methods to ensure product integrity;
- approval of batches destined for Canada via a Certificate of Analysis (C of A, incl. at tests required by the NNHPD are done);
- approval of shipments (incl. customs / brokerage documents);
- stability (shelf life) protocols;
- Alternate Sample Retention (so that we don’t have to store samples of each lot/batch on our site);
- coordinating having samples sent to a pre-qualified Canadian lab to confirm the results on the original C of A and to ensure the product did not degrade / deteriorate while in transit to Canada; and if required
- help with complaint handling, adverse reaction reporting and product recall.
Please contact us for further details.
Why use a consultant?
Weighing the numerous pros & cons of bringing in a consultant vs. tackling it all in-house? Please see our web page “Why Use a Consultant” as part of that critical thinking process. Based in British Columbia, but covering all of Western Canada.