Consulting for Consumer Chemicals and Containers Regulations (CCCR)
Our CCCR consulting not only applies to Foods, Drugs, Cosmetics, NHPs, but are also very important for commercial & household products such as, but not limited to: cleaners; disinfectants, degreasers; furniture polish; pesticides; and fertilizers.
Our CCCR consulting services typically include, but are not necessarily limited to:
- Ensuring all ingredients are allowed in Canada, and at the specified concentrations.
- Obtaining technical safety data / literature acceptable under the Regulations.
- Making sure all labelling requirements are met, such as official languages, net quantities, area and size of inner & outer labels, font size & type, and location.
- Determining what hazard symbols / statements must be on the label, by performing assessments for Toxicity, Corrosivity and Flammability, then sub-categorizing each assessment (i.e.: harmful vs. toxic; corrosive vs. irritant).
- Determining which ingredients must be listed on the label vs. exempt.
- Determining if the Child Resistant Container (CRC) requirements apply.
- Ensuring proper label claims and proper naming (nomenclature) of ingredients.
- If the product or container is listed as “biodegradable”, check to see if this claim was evaluated to international standards.
- If required, submitting the label, 10-page audit checklist and supporting literature / data to the regional Product Safety Officer of Health Canada’s Consumer Product Safety Bureau (CPSB), then being available to discuss it further with the officer.
- Once the English version of the label has been approved, performing the French translations using specific federal government wording.
Other Related Services:
Please refer to our page on Creating MSDSs (Material Safety Data Sheets) for your finished products, based on the work performed above.
You may also want to contract us to help your products meet the EcoLogo product certification program.
Why use a consultant?
Weighing the numerous pros & cons of bringing in a consultant vs. tackling it all in-house? Please see our web page “Why Use a Consultant” as part of that critical thinking process. Based in British Columbia, but covering all of Western Canada.